A nice accompaniment goes well with idly, dosa and even chapati. Onion Tomato chutney is a easy dish which we do often at as side dish for breakfast and also dinner. I always tend to make different types of chutney i love to make this regularly. Lot of variation are there in making this onion tomato chutney. Today i posted the simplest way of making Onion Tomato Chutney..
No of Servings : 3
Time of Preparation : 10 mins
1. Chop the Onion, tomato and garlic into pieces. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan add red chilli and roast and keep it aside. Then Add the chopped onion and garlic and saute until little mushy.
2. Then add chopped tomatoes and saute until mushy. Let them to cool. Then transfer the content to mixer grinder along with roasted red chilli and required salt.
3. Grind the mixture into a smooth paste. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a kadai, add mustard seed, urad dhal and curry leaves and saute. When it sputters temper to the chutney..
Serve as a side dish for dosa, idly or even chapati...
1. I have used Round red chilli here, you can use normal long red chilli for making this chutney.
2. I used to make pure onion tomato chutney without any additional ingredients. For a slight variation, You can use 2 to 3 tbsp of coconut grating while grinding it may give a different taste to the chutney.
Try this Onion Tomato chutney and reply me back through comments.. Your comments are highly appreciated me..If you like this... share this recipe with your friends in Facebook, Google+ and Twitter....